1. The provisions contained in this paragraph constitute the rights granted only to the Customer
who is a Consumer.
2. The consumer has the right to withdraw from the contract concluded with the Seller within
14 days from the date of receipt of the shipment or personal collection of the goods, without
giving any reason.
3. The declaration of withdrawal from the contract may be submitted by the Customer using
the withdrawal form at the end of the regulations, both by post and e-mail to the following
4. Submitting a declaration of withdrawal from the contract without using the form does not
affect the effectiveness of the withdrawal. For the declaration of withdrawal to be effective,
it is sufficient to send the declaration before the deadline.
5. The seller immediately confirms by e-mail (to the address provided when placing the order)
acceptance of the declaration of withdrawal from the contract.
6. The consumer should return the purchased products within 14 days from the date of sending
the declaration of withdrawal to the following address: Greenspot Kamil Karcz ul. Polna 4,
7. In the event of sending a declaration of withdrawal from the contract, the contract is
8. The consumer bears the direct costs of returning the purchased products.
9. If, during the assembly of the product, a product defect or non-compliance with the order is
noticed, the Customer is obliged to immediately send the entire product or the defective
part of the product to the address provided and notify the Seller about the defect.
10. If the customer undertook to assemble the product and use it, and if one of the parts was
visibly defective or the product was incomplete and consequently other elements of the
product structure were damaged, the customer is liable for damages for the product.
11. The consumer is liable for damages for the decrease in the value of the item as a result of
failure to comply with the comments, guidelines and recommendations contained in the
12. The seller is obliged to immediately, no later than within 14 calendar days from the date of
receipt of the consumer statement on withdrawal from the contract, return to the
consumer all payments made by him, including the cost of delivery of the product (excluding
additional costs resulting from the method of delivery chosen by the customer other than
the cheapest standard delivery method provided by the Store). The Seller shall refund the
payment using the same method of payment as used by the Consumer, unless the consumer
has expressly agreed to a different method of payment refund.
13. The Seller may withhold the reimbursement of payments received from the Consumer until
the Product is returned or the Consumer provides proof of its return.
1. The Seller is obliged to deliver products free from physical and legal defects.
2. The Seller liability for physical or legal defects shall expire two years after the product is
released. Before the above deadline, the consumer may notify the Seller about the defect by
sending an appropriate e-mail to email@example.com or by calling the number +48 880
3. The consumer is not bound by the above methods of submitting complaints. He may submit
a complaint in any way provided that a durable medium is used.
4. The complaint should include:
● name and surname or company of the buyer;
● address of residence / seat for correspondence;
● attached proof of purchase of the product (eg receipt, invoice, bank transfer etc.);
● photo of the defect of the product
● indication of the defect describing the non-compliance of the goods with the contract
and the date of its occurrence;
● the claimant request (withdrawal from the contract, price reduction, product
replacement, removal of the defect);
● the date of filing and the signature of the person submitting the complaint.
5. The seller confirms the receipt of the complaint and calls on the consumer to immediately
deliver the defective product at his own expense to the seller address: Greenspot Kamil
Karcz ul. Polna 4, 34-100 Wadowice.
6. If the complaint is not accepted, the goods will be sent back together with the opinion
regarding the unfoundedness of the complaint.
7. If the Seller does not respond to the Consumer complaint within 14 calendar days from the
date of delivery of the complaint, it is assumed that he has accepted the consumer
complaint and his request. The period of 14 calendar days is counted from the delivery of the
complete set of documents listed in point 4 and delivery of the defective product by the
8. The seller may refuse to accept the complaint of the product if the Customer has not
complied with the remarks, guidelines and recommendations contained in the product
manual and therefore part of the product or the entire product has become defective.